Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Desk Design Dilemma

As I dive into refurbishing furniture, I figured I needed one of these......
                                       Color Stories® Fan Deck
So, I took the advice of a friend and stopped at our local hardware store and purchased a Benjamin Moore color wheel. Um... only problem is that the unlimited choices are making it quite challenging to pick a color!!! My first (furniture) project (since leaving my 10 year career in public accounting), is recreating this amazing desk for my daughter's room.


I was thrilled to find this desk listed on craigslist. I love the lines and the details and it is in really fantastic shape. It just needs a little love here and there and that is exactly what I intend to give it!

A couple years ago, I purchased this amazing painting from Karen Fields for my daughter's room.
                            5 Birds in a Green Tree  -  Print 8 x 10 by Karen Fields
This painting continues to be the inspiration piece for the design (and now re-design) of the perfect little girl's room. Check out Karen's work at www.etsy.com/shop/karenfieldsgallery or http://karenfieldsgallery.blogspot.com.  Perhaps after seeing this gorgeously whimsy painting, you can empathize with my color selection dilemma. There are just so many fantastic colors in this painting!!!

For those of you that don't know me, I prefer to think out loud. Absent a team of accountants that are used to humoring me, I think this blog might be just the place to do my thinking..... I'm thinking this beauty needs a coat or two of a beautiful chartreuse. What do you think?

Shel

1 comment:

  1. I love chartreuse! I agree, the choices are endless! Love that painting too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete